7 Google+ Tips to Grow Your Business
Google+ is Google’s social network application and platform that competes directly against the likes of Facebook. As of 2013, there are over half a billion people on Google+ (source: Marketing Land). However as you probably know, it doesn’t even come close to Facebook’s level of usage and engagement . But that doesn’t matter for businesses. Here’s why: Google+ is linked to Google’s search algorithm. If, as a business, you need to be found on Google then you absolutely need to be on Google+.
Let explain my last point with an example. In the Google search below, I used the phrase: Vancouver headshot photographers. The top 4 companies all have Google+ pages. Also, have a look at Art of Headshots. This company stands out in the search because they have 33 reviews, which are in orange. Also, Art of Headshots’ actual website does not come up on Google’s page 1 result (outside of the map results). But, it doesn’t matter because they appear prominently as a result of Google+.
Here’s a list of Google+ tips that we employ and recommend to clients:
- Register on Google My Business and link it to your Google+ page.
- Once you’ve registered and verified your business, then get those reviews. The more the better.
- Go where your potential clients are participating with Communities.
- Tag people in posts to get their attention.
- After a blog post, make sure to promote on your Google+ page.
- To get followers, you must follow. Use the search function to find people to follow.
- Add photos and videos to help with engagement and educating clients.
That’s it. Simple. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Photo courtesy: Carlos Luna.